Popular Posts

Saturday 22 April 2023

Why I stoned Ondo Uber driver – Suspect confesses

Why I stoned Ondo Uber driver – Suspect confesses

30-year-old painter, Amos Victor, has confessed to why he participated in the stoning to death of 25-year-old Uber driver, Temitayo Olorunfemi, in Akure, the Ondo State capital.


recalls that Olorunfemi was mobbed by angry youths after he crushed four persons to death in an accident along Ijoka Road in Akure.

Victor said that he actually participated in the act because he was moved by the deaths of those who were crushed to death by the deceased.

Recall that the police arrested seven suspects and paraded four suspects over the tragic incident.

Narrating what happened to Vanguard, Victor said, “On getting to the scene of the incident, the deceased had been beaten to a pulp and he had been soaked in his own blood.

“The okada riders beat him mercilessly. I didn’t even know those that stoned him. I was moved by the deaths of those that he killed and that made me to pick up a stone and hit him on the head.

“I didn’t even know that he was the younger brother of my friend. When I gave him some punches, he held on to my leg and in order to release myself from his grip before he could drag me into the drainage, I tried to choke him holding his neck.

“It’s true that I saw a small coffin and tortoise inside the car before it was burnt. But I was no longer there when the car was set ablaze.


“I was not arrested by the police. I went to report myself at Ala Police station when my picture was being circulated as being one of those who participated in the beating.

“I told the police that I beat and stoned him but I did not kill him.”

Three other suspects denied killing victim


Another suspect, Samuel Olatunji, 20, in his testimony said “I did not know anything about the incident. They lied against me that I was among those that beat the deceased.

“I know nothing about the incident. I was arrested at Davoc, Ijoka. I’m a barber and they came to arrest me in my shop. I was in my shop when the incident happened but I went to the place briefly.

“I didn’t touch the deceased all through.”

Also speaking, Ismaila Durotoye, 32, said “I was never at the scene of the incident. I’m an okada rider. The police arrested me at Intercontinental axis in Akure.

“When the incident happened, I was carrying passengers at Oda road but I stay at Ijoka.”

The fourth suspect, Pelumi Farotimi, 42, said “I was not at home throughout that day. I work with the Ondo State Park Management and I’m the unit secretary.

“I was actually at Benin Garage on that very day when the incident happened.”



No comments:

Post a Comment